Monday, April 11, 2016

Day 64 - Cravings at weird times!

April 11, 2016
Day 64
Hello!

I've been experiencing wine cravings at times when I normally didn't drink!  What the heck is up with that????  I don't get it!  It can happen at any time!  (Never in the morning though). I could be sitting at my computer at 1:00, home alone, and a craving to drink will hit me!  That never happened when I was drinking!  I was only ever an evening drinker.

It pisses me off that this is happening to me!  Nights are hard enough...now I have to deal with it whenever they pop up?  Why?  I try to think about what I'm feeling/doing/thinking when the craving hits and most times there is no good reason!!!  Ugh!

I told all of this to my friend who knows that I have quit.  She had some really good insight.  She said that maybe, when I was drinking, I really had those cravings and didn't realize it because in my subconscious I pushed them off knowing that I would be drinking that night.  I thought that made a lot of sense!  But, it still really irks me that I'm aware of them now!  SO NOT FAIR!!!

I really really thought that the cravings would be tough to battle in the evenings, when I normally drank.  Now, I have to deal with them whenever they hit!  Hopefully, this will stop soon!!!

Hoping you aren't getting cravings at odd times!

Love,
Sober at 53

1 comment:

  1. I know at first I had cravings all the time.
    Day and night. In the shower, on the phone, I never knew when they might come.
    The good news is, the cravings diminished so much and now I will rarely have them.
    xo
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete