Friday, April 1, 2016

Day 54 - Sip and click

April 1, 2016
Day 54
Hello!
I wasn't going to write a post today but then I saw something really interesting on the Today Show this morning.  They did a segment on "Sip and Click."  It is when you are drinking and you go online and make purchases.  I don't know about you but I have certainly done my share of "sipping and clicking!"  I have purchased things that I didn't need.  I have purchased clothing in the wrong size....even after knowing I'd been drinking and swearing I scrutinized my shopping cart before hitting "purchase."  I have also joined wine clubs and have made high end purchases that I always end up returning (and just for the record, I am awful at returning things!). I remember last summer I had a destination wedding in Bermuda and I purchased about 6 dresses online (while drinking)...and you know what?  ALL of them were inappropriate for a Bermuda wedding!  And one of them is still sitting in a box...too late to return!

At least I know that I am not alone!  The today show did a segment on it!  (If you want to see it go to today.com and scroll down to "Put down that drink.")  It was really funny what some of the women purchased...a Star Wars light saber ice pop maker, a Baywatch video, and my personal favorite...a Richard Simmons video!  That one just cracked me up!  The piece said that sales go up after 2 am on Friday nights. (I bet that number is down now that I'm not sipping and clicking!). Lingerie sales during that time are up 50%...high end shoe sales are up a whopping 165%!!!!!

So think of all of the $$$ we are saving in addition to our booze $$$ by not drinking!  Although, I must say that there was no alcohol involved in my shoe purchase splurge yesterday!!

Hoping you stay away from "sipping and clicking!"

Love,
Sober at 53


No comments:

Post a Comment