Thursday, March 24, 2016

Day 13 - A realization


Friday 20, 2016
Day 13
Hello!
So, today, I wake up feeling so proud of myself!  I made it through another Friday.  I get to the gym (still not feeling like I'm doing it better since I quit drinking…that better come soon!)  Mr. 53, myself and Daughter #3 decide to go into NYC to walk around.  It is an unseasonably gorgeous day.  We are in the Little Italy section, walking to some lighting stores in the Bowery.  We pass a gazillion outdoor restaurants and because it is mid afternoon, the tables are filled with people drinking their wine!  I nearly cried!  And of course, I forgot my anchor!  Crabby is back!!!!  So, we go to the lighting stores, I pick a fight with Mr. 53, who is so kind and understanding, and continue to be crabby!  So, a few crabby hours go by and it's dinner time.  We don't have a reservation, so we decide to go to this really good place that I have been to, but not Mr. 53.  He's been wanting to go.  They have no tables available but we can eat in the lounge.  Well, the lounge has a bar in it!  But, we do it. 

 This place had an alcohol free drink menu!  I ordered my "mocktail" (which was like a mojito) and Mr. 53 ordered a glass of white wine.  (Mr. 53, like I said, is so kind and understanding…not to mention sexy! and he is a red wine drinker, as I was, and he ordered white as to not "tempt" me!  (I would never touch white wine..I just don't like it!)  I just love him!  And this was after I've been so crabby to him for the past, oh say, 4 hours!.  I was so flattered that I told him to order red.  

It's funny, because as soon as I had my mocktail, my body completely relaxed.  It made me wonder if the actual "alcohol" in my first glass of wine per night made me relax, or just the thought of it.  In hindsight, I realize it was the "thought."  There is no way that the wine can hit your bloodstream that quickly!  This was a big realization to me as I always loved my first sip of wine…That warm feeling going down your throat and into your belly. ( I truly loved that first glass on an empty stomach…bad, right?)  So, now I've got a new realization and I hope that helps me going forward with regard to missing that "first sip."  

So, Mr. 53 ended up having 2 more glasses of red.  I went thru the alcohol free drink menu with Daughter #3.  We had them all!  As a reward, I treated myself to dessert.  All of those calories from alcohol have to be more than a dessert, right?

And the best news…I DROVE HOME!  Yep, me!  Like I've said, I have NEVER drove home!  I was so proud of myself!  A realization and being able to drive home all in one night!  Life is Good!

Wishing you a realization tonight!
Love,
Sober at 53

No comments:

Post a Comment