Thursday, March 24, 2016

Day 34 - Stressing out like a mad woman!!!!

March 11, 2016
Day 34
Hello!
I am a total stress case lunatic when it comes to my kids!!!!  Tomorrow is Son #2 20th b'day.  He goes to community college so he lives at home…for now.  He went away for a year and decided to come home for his sophomore year.  He is transferring in September and is just waiting to hear where.  I tell you this because Son #2 HAS lived away..far away…at college for a year.  He has that "college experience."

OK, so luckily for him, his high school friends are all home on Spring Break this week.  (How lucky for Son #2)  They are going up to one of the friends frat houses at a University in our state to celebrate Son #2's b'day.  He will be staying the night.  So, Mr. Soberat53 and I commit to going to a fundraiser that is for a charity that is close to a very dear friends heart.  It works out perfectly!!!  NOT!

2 days ago Son #2 tells me plans have changed.  His b'day celebration has been changed to tonight at his friends frat house!  He will be home on his b'day!  Oh crap…we've made a commitment.  Son #2 is fine with us going out.  But guess who's not?  ME!!!!  I feel like a horrible mother…I want a drink..NOW!  But, I don't have one..and it's not easy!

So now we are to the night of the celebration.  He is gone.  I am so damn worried that he is going to drink himself silly.  After all, he has been home for almost a year!  He hasn't gotten a change to do much partying (well, if you count watching me drink every night then he "officially" is at a party!)  I am so worried that he is going to die from alcohol poisoning, get in a car with someone because you now these teens…they are invincible!  what if he chokes on his vomit during his sleep?  OMG…I am like a bat out of hell crazy woman!!!!  I try to talk to Mr. Soberat53 and he keeps telling me he will be fine!  (This same Mr. Soberat53 whom I love with all my heart and soul, also told me that he thought that I would be "fine" when I was having a breast biopsy..so he is not God to me anymore..but don't tell him!)  I am IMPOSSIBLE to reason with.  I am 100% certain that my son is going to die.  I WANT A DRINK!  PLEASE!!!  I CAN'T HANDLE HOW I'M FEELING…NEITHER CAN ANYONE ELSE FOR THAT MATTER!!!!   It's now midnight..should I go jogging?  I feel like I'm coming out of my skin…anxiety is a beast!  (Thank goodness for that therapy appointment on Monday!).

I decide to practice deep breathing.  There is nothing for me to do.  I wish I had cigarettes!  I get ready for bed and of course text Son #2 to make sure he is alive before I try to sleep.  And thankfully he is!  So I lie down and want to stab Mr. Soberat53 because he just nods right off to dreamland.  No worrying for him!  And, no comfort for me from him!  (Granted, I am a beast tonight..going to sleep was probably the best thing he could do so I didn't stab him!)  I take many deep breaths and guess what?

So now I know yet another reason why I drank.  Drinking is the ultimate smokescreen, isn't it?

Wishing you an anxiety free day, and if it's not, I implore you stay away from any knives!

Love,
Sober at 53

No comments:

Post a Comment