Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Day 52 - Rewards

March 30, 2016
Day 52
Hello!
Today we are road tripping 8 hours to our next destination.  Our destination is a beautiful city in our country that I've never been to.  Just for the record I HATE LONG CAR DRIVES!  I really really hate them.  I have a problem with my lower back that only acts up when I sit too long!  8 hours is a loooooong time!  (On an interesting note I had my very first Cracker Barrel experience 😀 In my 53 years! I don't know how I got away with that!).

After 5.5 hours we stopped at a rest stop.  When I was getting back in the car, my first thought was "I can't wait to get there so I could have a glass of wine!"  It was like a reward for myself!  So, that's another observation of myself....I reward myself with a drink! Ok...that's not going to happen (said with great sadness) so what am I going to reward myself with instead of wine?  Do I even need/deserve a reward?  I guess I don't...but I want one!!!  I was doing fine until that thought popped in my head!  Will those thoughts ever go away?  Or do I have to change my thought process on needing a reward?

In thinking about my drinking, I realized that at the end of each day I rewarded myself  with a glass (plus the rest of the bottle!) of wine!  I lost a few pounds?  Wine reward!  Dinner cleaned up early?  Wine reward!  Paid the bills? Wine reward!  Yards yada yada!

So I guess I answered my own question?  Stop rewarding myself???  It sounds so dreadfully boring!! Maybe I just won't pay the bills or get dinner cleaned up early???  Ugh!  This one is going to be hard to change!

Hoping your rewards are not booze related!

Love,
sober at 53

No comments:

Post a Comment