Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Day 50 - Feeling the Emotion

March 28, 2016
Day 50
Hello!
Today has been 50 days since I had my last drink!  It has been the hardest day yet!  The cravings were  full throttle!  I did have an upsetting day and I am hoping that is why it was such a tough cravings day! I am on vacation with my family and extended family visiting my sick dad.  Dad  had a great day yday on Easter but today was a really really bad day for him...which of course was a bad day for me and my siblings that are here.  But, it was especially hard for me because on top of feeling so sad about my dad, I had cravings that seemed physical!  I'm sure it had to do with the emotion of "sadness" that I was feeling.  When I wasn't fighting the damn cravings I tried really hard to focus on the feeling of sadness.  I tried to let myself really "feel" it.  And I must admit, it was ugly!  I think 50 days ago I would've not let myself "feel" the emotion.  I would've reached for the bottle and drowned my sorrows.  I can't say that this stopped the cravings but it certainly is progress into feeling my emotions  and not hiding behind the bottle of wine.  

Wishing you progress in your journey to remain alcohol free!

Love,

Soberst53

No comments:

Post a Comment