Thursday, March 24, 2016

Day 25 - Packing for the trip


March 2, 2016
Day 25
Today is the stressful day packing for our 4 day trip to Florida.  I HATE packing.  I tend to overpack as I like to have options while I'm away.  What if I don't bring enough clothes and the outfit that I have pre picked feels all wrong?  What if I feel fat in it?  God forbid!  So, I am a packing procrastinator.  I start with some wine, then have some more.  By the time I get around to starting, I'm well oiled with wine!  I just want to go to bed…because inevitably our flight is in the early morning so we have the whole day on the trip!  But, I need to pack for me and for Daughter #3.  And the others who pack themselves always need something washed or can't find something that I am the only one that apparently knows where it is hidden!!! (oh, just look in your top drawer…I did mom….mom opens top drawer and guess what's there?  Yep, what I told you you would find there….repeat this a gazillion times!)  So, packing makes me weary…especially when snookered!

But guess what?  I am not drinking!  Packing will be a breeze.  I will get to bed early!  

That sounded good right?  But even not drinking, I am still a packing procrastinator!  People still couldn't find stuff that cost me packing time.  I still overpacked.  And I did not get to bed early!  BUT,  I DIDN'T DRINK!!!!!  So, I should wake up better tomorrow morning and leave for my trip bright eyed and bushy tailed!  Here's hoping!!!

Love,
Sober at 53

No comments:

Post a Comment