Thursday, March 24, 2016

Day 3 - Day before Lent

February 9, 2016
Day 3
Hello!
Today is the day before Lent.  I am going to give up wine for the 40 days of Lent.  Well, today is my 3rd day AF.  But, it is the last day I can drink before giving it up for Lent tomorrow.  What should I do?  I really can have some, because I am going to give it up for 40 days starting tomorrow!  I just did 2 full days AF, surely I can have wine tonight!  Why deprive myself?  I know I can do just fine for 40 days, I just did 2 feeling fine (that's a rational thought, huh?)  The alcohol "ping pong" goes back and forth in my head ALL DAY LONG!  What should I do????  I know…I will read the book I just downloaded "I DON"T DRINK."  So, that's what I did…I read…ALL DAY LONG!  (See how I changed in my head my "ALL DAY LONG?")  It really empowered me.  That's right, I felt empowered!  Opposite of self-loathing!  I loved that feeling.  I haven't felt empowered in a very long time.  I could take control of my drinking.  I can call the shots.  It won't be easy…that I know.  So, I read all day into the evening.  I didn't have any wine!  I wanted to celebrate!  (with wine of course!)  
Go me!  I am so proud of myself!

Wishing that you find what empowers you!
Love,
Sober at 53

No comments:

Post a Comment