Thursday, March 24, 2016

Day 35 - I am BORING!


March 12, 2016
Day 35
Hello!
It's now morning.  I go to the gym to try and ease my worry.  No way Son #2 would be up this early!  I get home from the gym at 10:15 and Mr. Soberat53 has great news for me.  Son #2 has lived another day (yes, I still want to stab him!)

Well, my stress about going out tonight and leaving my birthday boy is alleviated because he is dog tired and just wants to veg.  (God only knows what he did last night!)  We take him out to lunch and I baked a cake.  It was all good! He had a very happy birthday1

Mr. Soberat53 and I go to our function.  We get there about half an hour after it started.  I so wanted a drink.  Mr. Soberat53 got a glass of red wine and told me it tasted horrendous…whether it really did or not, I do not know….but I was grateful for that tidbit of info….although he still drank quite a few of them!  Hmmmm….hindsight is 20/20…I guess it was decent wine!  I asked the bartender for an alcohol free beer.  He ended up finding me one.  I felt like I had a drink…although I'm not a beer drinker.  I drank about half of it.  But…I felt like I was really boring.  I didn't bring anything to the table.  I couldn't seem to make good conversation, something I usually find easy….but then again, I always have alcohol in my system.  I felt like a dud.  I don't know if it's from not drinking or that I was just in a slump.  Maybe I am truly boring!  It certainly wasn't the company.  Yet another thing for me to work on!!!
All I can say is that I have so much to work on….and it's only Day 35!  I think the therapist might charge me double!  I am a therapists dream come true!  There is no end to the work I need to do! I am not really looking forward to this….sigh…


Edited to say:  I had Mr. Soberat53 read my blog.  When he got to this post he said that he didn't think that I was being boring…but that I was bored!  God Bless him!!!  Maybe I'm not boring!  While I don't think I was bored at the function, it was a mellow groove…so I've learned that I am so wrapped up in myself and can't see beyond that…the situation you are in does have a life of its own outside of yourself!

Hope you analyze BOTH the situation and yourself before being hard on yourself!
Love,
Sober at 53

No comments:

Post a Comment