Thursday, March 24, 2016

Day 27 - Damn me!!!!


March 4, 2016
Day 27
Hello!!!
Remember y'day I said that this was going to be hard????    OMG!!  I didn't know I could feel so damn sorry for myself.  I actually had a pity party!  I had to snap out of it.  The blogger I told you that helped me so much "mummyisasecretdrinker" has books that she recommends.  One is "Kick the Drink…Easily" by Jason Vale.  So I download it to my kindle and read, read, read!  Reading about not drinking is actually a really great concept (thank you sobermummy).  The book is helping me not to drink.  I will tell you about the book when I am finished.  

But, before I go on, I need to make a confession.  No, I did not drink.  But I was so wound up and feeling sorry for myself that I did something really bad.  Worse than drinking.  I bought a pack of cigarettes.  No haters please.  I am well aware of the dangers of smoking…and this from a person whose body has ALREADY made cancer once before.  But of course, I don't think of that then.  I smoke a few and feel much better.  I actually even smoked one this morning?  Why?? I never drank in the morning!  It was just like wine..I can't have just one.  My OCD like personality kicked in. 

Now, I must tell you, I feel like a total alcohol free fraud!  I substituted wine for cigarettes.  So, what that is telling me (and I got this from the above book I'm reading) is that I'm not really "free" from the vice grip of wine as I am rewarding myself for not drinking with another bad habit.   Don't worry, I will throw the smokes away soon.  I can't go back…I just can't.  But I am so ashamed of myself.  

I really think that I need to have a little "bad" in my life…thus the drinking and now some smoking.  Maybe I just want to be a bad girl?  I don't know.  I have a lot to work on.  

Please, don't substitute like I did.  Trust me, you will feel so awful about yourself.  It's not worth it.  I thought that with each drag of the cigarette, but it had me….because I let it.

Wishing you the strength that I so wish I had!
In shame,
Sober at 53

No comments:

Post a Comment