Thursday, March 24, 2016

Day 20 - Another Friday night

February 26, 2016
Day 20
Hello!
It's another Friday night!  Oh how I looked forward to that first Friday glass of wine (and the many that came afterwards!)  I came straight home from Daughter #3's evening activity.  I have big plans for Saturday.  I day out with a bunch of women doing a fun activity.  I even offered to drive the hour away.  That way, if there was any drinking involved I would be less tempted to do so.

I was still grouchy.  I found that reading about other people struggling with alcohol addiction was helping me to stay grounded.  It also made me feel not so alone!  I finished reading that great blog I ha mentioned "mummyisasecretdrinker."  I keep going back to her beginning and that is really helping me.    Oh how I wish I didn't have to do this!  Why oh why?  How in the world did I get here?  Where did I cross the line from a casual drinker to a heavy drinker?  So not fair!  I am an educated, bright woman.  Where did I go wrong?  I guess there is no looking back, only going forward!  So onward I go…alcohol free…and struggling!

Wishing you a wonderful Friday evening!

Love,
Sober at 53

No comments:

Post a Comment