Friday, March 25, 2016

Day 47 - Dividends

March 25, 2016
Day 47
Hello!
Today is the first day of vacation!
It's been a long day between getting up early and traveling by airplane to our destination.
When we finally got here to see my parents other family members had already arrived.  So excited to see them!  There was of course the obligatory trip to the liquor store.  I got myself some alcohol free beer.  It smelled and tasted like skunk!  My college aged sons saw that that was what I was drinking when everyone else was drinking regular beer.  They said that they were so proud of me and that I was so inspiring!  I, in my negativity (I was feeling badly about not having a real drink) replied that I was so sorry that it took me so long to finally stop drinking!  They said that at least I realized I had a problem and stopped.  Some people never do.  And that my friends is my DIVIDEND!  I am an inspiration to my sons and they are proud of me!!  It made me cry!  I never expected anyone to be proud of me and I certainly never thought I'd be an inspiration to anybody with quitting drinking!  Especially to my children! It makes me even more determined to forge on!

Hoping you find who is inspired by your efforts to quit drinking!

Love,
Soner at 53

No comments:

Post a Comment