Thursday, March 24, 2016

Day 9 - Exercise


February 15, 2016
Day 9
Hello! 
I had a great workout at the gym this morning…no hangover!  I take a bootcamp class 4 days per week.  I believe it has kept me from getting even bigger!  I always used it as a justification to drink….I'll just sweat it out in class tomorrow!  I wonder how many times my sweat smelled like cabernet?  I bet a lot!  I am a huge exerciser.  In April, I joined a running group and ran 3 times per week in addition to my 4 days of bootcamp.  And yes, I did lose weight and get thinner…but then all of a sudden it stopped..so I ran harder..and faster…and challenged myself…and then I got hurt!    This was in October.  Yes, it was easier to exercise more and diet then it was to quit the wine.  So, now I have an injury.  I can no longer run and I've put back the weight I had lost (10 lbs…interesting how hard it is to lose and how easy it is to gain, right?)   I hope to get back soon, but I am not letting myself go back to running until I am AF.  I am now!!!  But, the weather here is too cold to run outside and I abhor a treadmill.
I thought that I would feel better during my workout while AF…but I don't.  I don't understand.  All alcohol should be out of my bloodstream by now.  I also don't feel better in the morning.  I still wake up most mornings and feel like crap…and for a moment, the self-loathing starts…but just for the moment..then I remember…I didn't drink last night.  The difference with the wake up is that I still feel crappy when I wake up, but once I'm out of bed, I am good!  It takes way less time to get me going then when I was drinking.  Now, I am waiting for my exercise to take a turn for the better!

Wishing you a healthy day!
Love,
Sober at 53

No comments:

Post a Comment