Thursday, March 24, 2016

Day 4 - Girls Night Out

February 10, 2016
Day 4
Hello!
I get together with 4 girlfriends often.  Unfortunately, we haven't been able to get together in months,  We planned this night about a month ago.  Nobody realized it was Ash Wednesday.  What was I going to do?  I was really a secret drinker.  Sure, I drank when I went out, but usually in moderation.  I don't believe anyone except for Mr. 53 and my drinking compadre knew how much I drank.  I didn't really know until I started writing this blog!

 People think of me as someone who appreciates wine, but who has it all under control (what a lie I live!).  So, I lamented all day about what I was going to say.  Nobody would believe I was going to give it up for Lent as I always joked that I couldn't wait to have my wine at night.  But, my friends, with the exception of my drinking compadre, never knew that when I said "one glass," I meant "one glass bottle!"

So, I thought about canceling, but I missed my girls!  None of which, again except my drinking compadre, were big drinkers (How I hated them that night…total JEALOUSY!)  I was so nervous about going…not just because I didn't want to say I wasn't drinking (and Lent is a great, believable reason) but because I didn't know if I would have fun going out and not drinking.  I never really did it.  When I went out, I would catch a ride or Mr. 53 always drove home, or if was my turn, I'd make sure we Ubered or taxied home.  I also really wasn't ready to say I gave it up for Lent because I didn't know if it was something I could really do (yes, I wavered from the night before when I thought being AF for 2 days meant I cold do 40!).

Guess what?  Nobody even questioned my not drinking!!!  Woohoo!  They didn't think I was a big drinker (my secret is safe!) My drinking compadre knew, as we always do our self loathing thing in the morning via telephone….sigh.  And the most important thing….I had FUN!  Again, I am empowered!  I am so proud of myself!  All that worry for naught!

Wishing you AF girls night out!
Love,
Sober at 53

No comments:

Post a Comment