Thursday, March 24, 2016

Day 41 - changing my narrative


March 19, 2016
Day 41
Hello!
Mr. Soberat53 is away and won't be home until late tonight.  
It is just me and Daughter #3.  I am very worried about tonight.  Another night with nothing to do.  I know I want to drink…I have to get out of the house!

I take Daughter #3 and my nephew out to lunch and shopping at the mall.  It is now around 7:00 pm.  I can't go home.  There is nothing to do there.  Nobody to keep me on the straight and narrow.  (Although I am driving my own truck with not drinking!).  I am scared that it will be too hard not to drink.  I need to change my narrative.  I need to find something else to do.  

I decide to let Daughter #3 and nephew go to the movies to see Deadpool.  I have no interest in seeing it.  I am going to go home and then I will pick them up at 10:00 when the movie is over.  I can't drink because I have to drive.  (In the past, I would've headed straight home and drank and drank and made my sister pick them up!)  But, I was scared that I would be depressed and ruminating about not drinking…and that I would smoke.  So what did I do?  I went to the movie!  I sat in the back row, they in the front.  And guess what?  I really enjoyed the movie!  What a great surprise!  

So going forward I know that changing my narrative can work.  It may not always turn out as good as this did, but it may well just might!!!

Hoping you can change your narrative!
Love,
Sober at 53

No comments:

Post a Comment