Thursday, March 24, 2016

Day 26 - The Trip

March 3, 2016
Day 26
Hello!
So, we are at the airport.  Our flight is at 12:00.  We have been here for awhile.  Usually, being in an airport makes me want to drink!  I am going on vacation..a drink is in order!  But, I can't.  I am okay with that…for now.  We board the plane.  We walk thru first class and the drinks are flowing.  Our seats are right behind first class and I can see the flight attendants pouring wine!  I am still okay.  We take off.  The drink cart is making it's way down the aisle.  So many people are drinking!!!  Now, I am not fine!  I want a drink!  It's my mini vacation!  How am I going to do this???  Thankfully, the people on either side of me are not drinking.  That helps!  I order a tomato juice.  It tastes good.  Kind of like a blood Mary, right?  I decide to watch a movie so I can't hear everyone ordering more drinks!  Heck, that used to be me!  It kind of feels good not drinking.  I won't be dehydrated!  I make it thru the flight alcohol free!  Go me!

We are staying at a "swanky" hotel (we got a really great internet rate!)  When we arrive, it is so "Shi Shi!"  And guess what….when you walk in?  Yep,  straight on is a bar!  The place exudes sexiness.  Many people dressed to the nines at 3:30 in the afternoon.  It makes me want to get out of my flying clothes (really comfy mom jeans) and into one of the MANY outfits I packed (see, great that I overpacked..I might be able to fit in?  Although, I don't have sexy clothes so I think not!)  and belly up to the bar and order an exotic drink with a real edible flower in it!  But, that is not me…anymore.  I stick with the crappy unsweetened alcohol free pomegranate juice given to us at check in.

 We were graciously upgraded to a suite.  FANTASTIC!    Mine and Mr. Soberat53 have a private balcony off our bedroom with an amazing view.  The room is spectacular.  Everyone wants to go to the pool and eat lunch…so off we go.  The cocktail menu (will I ever stop reading them?) is lovely.  I ordered a non-alcoholic bloody mary because Daughter #3 ordered another fancy non alcoholic drink that I could taste (if she lets me!)  Mr. Soberat53 ordered a mojito.  I actually smelled it and boy did it smell good! Sigh…(I am only a red wine girl, but now that I'm alcohol free I think ANY beverage with alcohol would be fantastic!)  I get thru the lunch, albeit a bit grumpy, as I'm feeling sorry for myself.  This is going to be hard!!!

Wishing you a great day!
Love,
Sober at 53


No comments:

Post a Comment