Thursday, March 24, 2016

Day 14 - Oh, you can drink!

February 21, 2016
Day 14
Hello!
Tonight we met one of my sisters for dinner. We meet her on Sundays about once per month.  We go to a restaurant by her house.  My criteria had always been that the restaurant needed to have a bar.  She decides where we go and lets us know.  So, she sends me a text and she asks me what food I'm in the mood for.  I say I don't care and I can go anywhere..I gave up booze or Lent. Her response:  "But it's Sunday, you can drink today!"

I guess that is actually true as per Wikipedia:

 Lent is a season of forty days, not counting Sundays, which begins on Ash Wednesday and ends on Holy Saturday. Sundays in Lent are not counted in the forty days because each Sunday represents a "mini-Easter" and the reverent spirit of Lent is tempered with joyful anticipation of the Resurrection.

Did I mention that this sister was an alcohol addict and has been alcohol free for almost 5 years!!!!!  I couldn't believe she said that to me!  I wasn't prepared to tell her I was trying to go forever (because I really don't know if I can!).  A former alcohol addict had my number!  And if the truth be told, in the past, I would've been all over the "Sunday is not Lent" thing and drank my red wine!!!

By the way, at dinner I drank seltzer water and my sister never brought up the drink again!

Stay Strong!
Love,
Sober at 53



No comments:

Post a Comment