Thursday, March 24, 2016

Day 19 - Figuring out Thursday night


Day 19

February 25, 2016
Hello!
Today is Thursday.  For me, that's when my weekend started.  No reason why!  Just another day to drink!  Oddly, Thursday's and Monday's seemed to be my HUGE party days!  I miss them!  So, I remembered that I had at one point written a journal about my drinking.  I dug it out and the first post is from May 24, 2005!!  That is almost  ELEVEN years ago!!!  OMG!!!  This is what it said:

I have made a conscious decision to stop drinking.  How can I keep putting booze in my body?  I buy organic meats and milk products, try to eat right, I exercise…and then drink too much red wine.  My liver needs a break, plus I feel so guilty doing it (I will explain why tomorrow!)  I need to stop drinking I KNOW I CAN DO IT!!!

The next post is from May 26, 2005  (in ineligible handwriting!)

Well, I messed up!  I went to a skin care party and I had too much red wine.  3 glasses to be exact!  Then I came home and had 2 more!  What the hell?  I feel terribly guilty.  Geez, look at my handwriting…too much wine!  HELLO!  I HAVE GOT TO STOP!  Am I a DRUNK?  Very possibly!!!!  This sucks!  I hate that I like wine!  Oh well, tomorrow is another day.  I will get back on that "non-drinking" horse!

The next post is from May 27, 2005 (in perfectly legible handwriting)

Well, It's the morning after.  Look at my handwriting now!  Boy, did I ever fall off the wagon!  I guess what it boils down to is that I can't even have 1 glass of wine….that starts the whole thing for me.  Well, here's to today..a new beginning!!!

The next post….yep…fast forward almost 11 years……sigh…

Wishing you more willpower than I had 11 years ago!
Love,
Sober at 53







No comments:

Post a Comment