Thursday, March 24, 2016

Day 16 - Quitting Alcohol and Sleep


Day 16
February 23, 2016
Hello!
I have always slept like a baby.  I fall asleep easily and stay asleep until I have to get up in the middle of the night and use the facilities…then the self-loathing begins!  (see post from Day 2).  I figured that my red wine induced sleep wasn't "real sleep."  And don't the experts now say that you need 7 hours of sleep a night to lose weight?

Now, I cannot fall asleep!  I cannot even believe it!  Maybe I am an insomniac and the wine hid that fact?  I went for 4 nights in a row with barely any sleep.  You know those times where you cry because you can't fall asleep?  The times when you are almost there and then boom..you are suddenly wide awake for no specific reason.  4 nights of this people!!!  Remember I said I was crabby?  Now I am crabby tenfold!!!  Last night I slept, but I think from sheer exhaustion!  I am almost afraid to go to sleep!

In her blog, sobermummy, sleeps like a rock!  7  hours of rock hard sleep!!  I am jealous!  I almost resorted to taking an ADVIL PM, but I had never taken one before and I was nervous.  (but it's okay for me to take naltrexone to quit drinking????Where is my rationale?  (see post from Day 5)

Hopefully, tonight will be a great sleep night!

Wishing you sweet dreams!
Love,
Sober at 53

No comments:

Post a Comment