Thursday, March 24, 2016

Day 30 - And still no weight loss! Ugh!

March 7, 2016
Day 30
Hello!
Well, today is an entire month that I haven't had a drop of alcohol!  What an accomplishment for me.  It feels good.  But, I have not lost a pound yet!!!  So, today, I am joining Weight Watchers. It's time!

 Since I am an  "all or nothing" person (hello wine!) I need portion control.  The first two weeks of being alcohol free I let myself eat whatever I wanted.  I was just trying to deal with my will power.  It was fun not caring about what I ate.  Cadbury eggs are my absolute favorite and I was devouring them (no wonder why I couldn't lose weight!)  But seriously, I was taking in an extra 6500 calories a week in wine (see post Day 15 - weight loss and wine).  I wasn't consuming 6500 calories in Cadbury eggs!!!  I have continued my same exercise.  But the scale doesn't budge.  WTF?  It makes me want a drink!  My non drinking started because of weight loss.  Of course now, I realize that it's way more than that.  Weight was my catalyst, my anchor.  Mummywasasecretdrinker blogger writes extensively about alcohol and weight loss.  She did not see a big change until around day 100 of her alcohol free journey.  I'm scared that I won't see it at all!  So I keep googling "quitting alcohol and weight loss."  There is so much contradictory information out there!  Some people lose fast, some lose slow, some (gulp) GAIN weight!  So, I guess it is an individualized process…but secretly, I can't help wonder how giving up 6500 calories a week doesn't result in weight loss?  Maybe my body has to go thru some sort of adjustment period?  It better damn well hurry up!!!  I am pissed!!!!

So off I go, alcohol free, smoke free and maybe fat free too!

Love,
Sober at 53

P.S. - I did make a therapist appointment for next Monday!


19 comments:

  1. This article was written by a real thinking writer. I agree many of the with the solid points made by the writer. I’ll be back.
    lose weight fast

    ReplyDelete
  2. weight loss is quite a hectic job these days, people who are gaining weight rapidly are much tensed on how to control their weight, weight control is very much depends upon your diet plan and what you intake in routine life

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found that site very usefull and this survey is very cirious, I ' ve never seen a blog that demand a survey for this actions, very curious...
    weight loss diet plan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing the post.. parents are worlds best person in each lives of individual..they need or must succeed to sustain needs of the family.
    fat diminisher

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for taking the time for you personally to share such a nice info. I definitely enjoying every little bit of it. It is a great website and nice share.
    ___________________________
    Medical weight loss USA

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great article Lot's of information to Read...Great Man Keep Posting and update to People..Thanks
    Customer Health Guide

    ReplyDelete
  7. Superbly written article, if only all bloggers offered the same content as you, the internet would be a far better place..
    http://phentermaxx.net/phentermaxx/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post, and great website. Thanks for the information!
    Weightlosstop

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes i am totally agreed with this article and i just want say that this article is very nice and very informative article.I will make sure to be reading your blog more. You made a good point but I can't help but wonder, what about the other side? !!!!!!THANKS!!!!!!
    paleo diet

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are some great tools that i definitely use for SEO work. This is a great list to use in the future..
    paleo diet

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks For sharing this Superb article.I use this Article to show my assignment in college.it is useful For me Great Work.
    weightlosstop

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am definitely enjoying your website. You definitely have some great insight and great stories.
    pubgxcase

    ReplyDelete
  13. I read that Post and got it fine and informative.
    customerhealthguide

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for taking the time to discuss that, I feel strongly about this and so really like getting to know more on this kind of field. Do you mind updating your blog post with additional insight? It should be really useful for all of us.
    dietsinreview

    ReplyDelete
  15. howdy, your websites are really good. I appreciate your work.
    expertratedreviews.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I got what you mean , thanks for posting .Woh I am happy to find this website through google.
    Weightlosstop

    ReplyDelete
  17. This blog is so nice to me. I will keep on coming here again and again. Visit my link as well..
    Healthguidereviews

    ReplyDelete
  18. Admiring the time and effort you put into your blog and detailed information you offer!..
    acne remedies

    ReplyDelete
  19. You make so many great points here that I read your article a couple of times. Your views are in accordance with my own for the most part. This is great content for your readers.
    Dietsinreview

    ReplyDelete