Thursday, March 24, 2016

Day 39 - St. Patricks Day


March 17, 2016
Day 39
Hello!
Today is St. Patrick's Day.  Erin go bra ugh!  (Or something like that!)  
Every year we go to a St. Patrick's Day Fundraiser for my breast surgeon.
It is at a very nice place.  It's not a huge crowd.  There are a bunch of breast cancer survivors, local people I know, other doctors, and supporters of the doctors commitment to curing breast cancer.

There are baskets to win, silent auction, corned beef and cabbage and AN OPEN BAR!
This is going to be hard.  Very hard…so I think.  Mr. Soberat53 has his wine.  I have my club soda.  As I am looking around…I notice that a lot of people are not drinking alcohol.  I watched a few people in particular, thinking they looked like drinkers (not too judgmental of me, huh?)  You know what?  Those so called "drinkers" that I essentially stalked, sipped at their drinks.  Nobody got another one.  That was a "wow" moment for me.  I wonder if in years past people noticed how much I drank at the function.  I feel embarrassed about it.  They will probably get a reduced price for the function next year because of all of the alcohol that I DID NOT drink!  

And, I drove home!  I asked Mrs. Soberat53 on the way home if he still misses his drinking buddy.  This time his reply was a bit different.  He said that he did because knowing that I was imbibing made him have to keep his drinking in check to make sure he could drive home.  That's gone by the wayside for him!  It's funny how we can look at it from different perspectives and get different outcomes.  Very interesting!

Love,
Sober at 53

No comments:

Post a Comment