Thursday, March 24, 2016

Day 21 - Out with the girls

Day 21
Saturday, February 27, 2016
Hello!

Today I am going out with a whole group of women, some whom I don't know.  We are meeting an hour away for a fun activity.  Like I said y'day, I even offered to drive in case there was any alcohol involved so I would be less tempted to imbibe.

After our fun activity, we all went to a great little town and walked around.  There were many bars.  The old me would've been itching to go to one and I would've found somebody in the group to go with me.  Instead, I walked around with all of the girls, looked at the sights, got hot chocolate and really really enjoyed my day.  I felt light and uplifted.  And proud of myself.  I was able to enjoy myself immensely without having to drink!  Go me!

But, then I got home.  I was bored!  Mr. Soberat53 had to take care of Daughter #3 all day and he just wanted to relax.  Of course he had his few glasses of red wine.  Why can he control his and I can't???  Wah!  I got thru the night by remembering what a great day I had!

Wishing you a great alcohol free day!

Love,
Sober at 53

No comments:

Post a Comment