Thursday, March 24, 2016

Day 46 - Therapy #2 Appt. and Packing..again!


March 24, 2016
Day 46
Hello!
Today I had my 2nd therapist appointment.  I am going away again tomorrow for a week for a family vacation to visit other family members.  I am predicting some stress on this trip as I have a very ill parent.  So there was lots to talk about!  If I don't drink next week, then I probably never will!!!  What a challenge it's going to be!

I did get a prescription for the Wellbuterin to help me with my on again off again newly taken up smoking habit.  My substitution for the wine…along with my Cadbury eggs!  (I don't think the Wellbuterin will help with that!)  I am a bit nervous to take it, but I will do it.  I am tired of needing a crutch.
  
We spoke at length about having to deal with my emotions.  In the post I wrote about my sadness at Daughter #3's sports banquet (Day 38 Post), the therapist suggested, that rather than buying Cadbury eggs and cigarettes, I could've sat in my car and had a good cry.  That would've been dealing with my feelings.  Instead, I pacified myself with things other than wine in order not to have to deal with them.  

So, this week is going to be a challenge.  I am going to have all sorts of "feelings" and I have to figure out a way to deal with them!  Damn the therapist for not giving me her personal cell phone number!  (Could you imagine if she did??  Oh boy!  She would have to change her number after next week!)

Also, and I don't mean to complain about having another vacation, but this time it's for a week and I have to pack..a lot!!!  I started on Monday and haven't been back to the suitcase since!  Yep, packing procrastination once again!  Ugh!

Hoping you find a really good way to deal with your feelings…if you do, could you please share them with me?  I need help!  Too many years of hiding behind the cabernet!!!

Love,
Soberat53

No comments:

Post a Comment