Thursday, March 24, 2016

Day 7 - First Saturday AF

February 13, 2016
Day 7
Hello!
Ok…first day of a 3 day weekend with Valentine's Day thrown in the middle!  Why did I pick this time to quit drinking???? (oh yeah, Lent)  Is there ever a good time?  So, tonight, we were going to the movies with a bunch of friends.  There were 5 couples, counting us.  We had a sitter  for Daughter #3 so all was good.  Of course, this movie theater served cocktails!  But, nobody in our group had one.  You know, if I was still drinking, I would've been the first to belly up to the bar!  No joke!  And, there are some "drinkers" in this group!  So, we watch the movie.  I was proud of myself for making it thru without even craving a wine.  The plan was to go out for a bite after the movie.  So, we walked in the BITTER COLD to a restaurant next door.  Of course, with my luck, our table was in the bar area!  So much for "Lead us not into Temptation!"

We ordered drinks and appy's.  One of my friends did ask me privately why I wasn't drinking.  This great girl holds everything close to her breast so I knew she wouldn't give me up.  I just told her that I felt I was drinking a bit too much and needed to take some time off.  I was giving it up for Lent.

We were there for over an hour, and it was hard for me.  I felt deprived.  I also was now on my very first "designated driver" ride home!  And you know what?  It felt good!  It felt really good!  But the best was, coming home and not having more wine!  That was my usual modis operandi.

Making it thru my first Saturday was easier than I thought.  I did struggle at night at the restaurant, but I made it through.  First Saturday being AF…OVER!  Go me!

Love,
Sober at 53

No comments:

Post a Comment